You know how there is granola, and then there’s granola that’s basically dessert?
This falls a bit on the dessert side of things.
It is crispy, crunchy, chocolate-y goodness, and it tastes much more decadent than it truly is. It’s perfect with milk, on yogurt, just eaten by the handful…
Go on, have some chocolate for breakfast.
Chocolate Cranberry Granola
- 1½ cups oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I like to use dark cocoa, but regular works well, too)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-4 tablespoons granulated sweetener of choice (optional– I don’t think it needs it, but your tastebuds may vary)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3-4 tablespoons chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 300°, grease a baking sheet or tray.
- Combine the oats, cereal, cocoa, cinnamon, and optional sweetener in a mixing bowl.
- Microwave the coconut oil and chocolate chips until melted, then add to the oat mixture, along with the maple syrup. Stir until combined.
- Spread granola in a thin later on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir the granola and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before stirring in the dried cranberries.
This granola is vegan with the appropriate chocolate chips.