Peanut butter lovers rejoice with these double peanut butter cookies!
You might have gathered that along with my pumpkin obsession, I also have a bit of a peanut butter problem… a delicious, delicious peanut butter problem. I just love it so much and want to put it in everything.
So adding more peanut butter goodness to a peanut butter cookie is a no-brainer for me.
As a bonus, these cookies are secretly healthy! With a much lower sugar content than most cookies, you won’t have to feel guilty about eating one or four… and believe me, it’s hard to stay away from them. These disappear pretty quickly at my house, so it’s just a smart bet to grab at least a couple at a time. 😉
Double Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup flour (I use white whole wheat)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350°, grease baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir peanut butter and honey together until smooth. You might need to heat one or both up to a more stir-able consistency.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and stir until combined. Fold in peanut butter chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough on to the baking sheets and flatten.
- Bake for 5 minutes. They are going to look underdone– take them out anyway.
- Allow to cool on sheets for 5 minutes. They are still going to look underdone and they will still be a bit crumbly. This is okay. If you let them sit longer they will be super yummy, but too hard.
- Transfer very carefully to a wire rack to cool completely. They’ll firm up, I promise.