I don’t love pie.
I mean, I’ll eat it– I rarely pass up a dessert– but I would rather have a cookie (or twelve).
I will, however, put practically anything on a tortilla and so the apple pie quesadilla was born. It’s not really a dessert and not really a meal, but it is a totally awesome mashup snack!
Apple Pie Quesadilla
- 1 apple, thinly sliced (you probably won’t use all of it, depending on both apple and tortilla size)
- cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
- 1 tortilla (I used whole wheat)
- 1-2 tablespoons cream cheese
- sweetener of choice to taste (a drizzle of maple syrup is especially good here)
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and add your apple slices, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- While your apples are cooking, spread cream cheese evenly on your tortilla and add sweetener of choice.
- Layer cooked apples on top of the cream cheese.
- Fold tortilla and cook on both sides over medium heat to desired crispiness.