Roasted chickpeas are one of my favorite snacks, so I’m always trying different flavors. And what is a better flavor than pizza?
I’ve already talked about how awesome chickpeas are, but it bears repeating: chickpeas are super great, guys. If you’re looking for a healthier snacking option for the new year, they are a yummy and addictive choice.
Roasted Pizza Chickpeas
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons pizza or tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°, grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Pat them dry with a paper towel, then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Combine sauce through salt and mix with chickpeas until coated. If using the red pepper flakes, stir them in as well.
- Spread on to baking sheet and cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through.