I was going to post this recipe before Christmas. Oops.
Apologies for the out-of-season photo shoot, but these cookies are super yummy at any time of year!
Sweet and chewy and delicious, they are great for dessert but healthy enough that you can eat them for breakfast. And you should definitely eat them for breakfast– eating cookies in the morning is good for the soul.
Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup flour (I used white whole wheat)
- ¾ cup oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (or substitute with raisins, or use both!)
- Beat the brown sugar, coconut oil, and egg together with an electric mixer.
- Add the flour, oats, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined. Fold in the cranberries.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto the sheets, leaving some space between them. Don’t flatten the dough.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then allow to cool on the sheets for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.