This vegetarian alternative to chicken noodle soup loses the meat but keeps all of the soothing loveliness of the original. Simple and comforting, it’s perfect for sick days and chilly weather, but it’s a crowd-pleaser at any time.
Even the meat-eaters in the house gave it their approval. 🙂
Chickpea Noodle Soup
- 6 oz. egg noodles
- 2 carrots, sliced into coins
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- salt, pepper, and parsley to taste
1. Cook noodles to package instructions, then drain, rinse, and set aside.
2. In a large pot, sauté carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and chickpeas in the salt, pepper, and curry powder.
3. Once the onions are cooked and translucent, add the broth and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the carrots are tender.
4. Add salt, pepper, and parsley to taste and stir in the cooked noodles.