This healthier alternative to a Shamrock Shake cuts out all of that corn syrup without sacrificing the minty deliciousness.
A few years ago I was addicted to Shamrock Shakes. While that was an unhealthy habit to have for many reasons, the worst part of it was that too much sugar gives me migraines– and Shamrock Shakes are pretty much entirely sugar.
Everyone seems to have their own healthier copycat version– I’m not complaining, since it gives me an excuse to try all of them! I usually use cottage cheese and protein powder to make mine double as a protein shake.
- ¾ cup milk of choice (I use almond)
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8-¼ teaspoon mint extract
- sweetener to taste
- small handful of ice
- green food coloring or a handful of spinach, for color (optional)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- whipped cream, for topping
Pour everything into a blender and process until smooth.