Spongy cake. Creamy peanut butter. Rich, yummy chocolate. Who knew you could make a healthier version of Tandy Cake that still tastes amazing?
I actually prefer this to a more traditional Tandy Cake– it’s not as overwhelmingly sugary, and the peanut butter and chocolate get more of a chance to shine.
I barely get finished slicing this when my family is already asking when I’m going to make it again. 🙂
Healthier Tandy Cake
- ½ cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar or baking stevia
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- ½-1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease an 8×8 pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, stevia, and baking soda, then stir in the milk, yogurt, and vanilla until just combined.
- Smooth into the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow the cake to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Spread the peanut butter evenly on top of the cake, then refrigerate until the peanut butter sets a bit.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut together and spread on top of the peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens. I like to pre-cut the slices a bit beforehand, to make it easier to slice later.