Butter-free, oil-free, and sweetened with pure maple syrup, this crunchy cherry vanilla granola is a wonderful and nutritious addition to breakfast.
My favorite way to eat granola is to pile it on top of yogurt, and this one is especially lovely that way. It’s pretty great by itself, too. 🙂
Cherry Vanilla Granola
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- ½ cup nuts and/or seeds (I used cashews and sunflower seeds)
- 2-4 tablespoons granulated sweetener of choice (optional– I don’t think it needs it, but your tastebuds may vary!)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 300° and grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, cereal, nuts/seeds, and, if using, the granulated sweetener.
- Pour in the maple syrup, vanilla extract, and almond extract and stir until everything is coated.
- Spread the granola evenly onto the sheet and bake for 20-22 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- When the granola has cooled completely, stir in the dried cherries.