This simple way to make last-minute garlic bread is great for rounding out a meal on limited time.
More of a guideline than a recipe, this pan-grilled garlic bread can be as simple or fancy as you choose. Great for feeding a crowd or feeding just one, it’s a quick and easy way to enjoy garlic bread without ever turning on the oven.
Pan-Grilled Garlic Bread
- thickly sliced bread of choice (buns and rolls work well, too)
- olive oil, melted butter or butter spread, or cooking spray
- minced garlic or garlic powder
- salt to taste
- parsley, oregano, or other desired herbs/seasonings
- Grease a pan with cooking spray.
- If using oil or melted butter/butter spread, combine it with the minced garlic or garlic powder and brush both sides of each slice of bread with the mixture. If using the cooking spray, coat both sides of each slice of bread but don’t add the garlic.
- Over medium heat, cook both sides of the bread until browned, then remove from heat. If you used the cooking spray method, sprinkle each slice with garlic now.
- Add salt to taste, and season with parsley, oregano, or other desired herbs/seasonings.
This bread is vegan when made with olive oil or the appropriate butter spread.