Filled with fiber and protein, this savory oatmeal topped with chickpeas roasted in peanut sauce is an easy, satisfying, and flavorful meal.
This is one of the things I turn to most often when I know that I might have a longer-than-usual wait between meals. It’s a great way to stay full and energized– and it requires very little time and effort to make. I like to prepare the chickpeas ahead of time and keep them stored in the fridge to make this an even quicker meal– and they are a great snack on their own, too!
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups water
- dash salt
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼-½ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a saucepan, bring the oats, water, and salt to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and stir until cooked to desired consistency.
- Stir in the soy sauce and garlic powder.
- Transfer to bowls and top with chickpeas (recipe below).
Roasted Chickpeas in Peanut Sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas
- 2-3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼-½ teaspoon powdered ginger
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Pat them dry with a paper towel, then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, hot sauce, garlic powder, and ginger.
- Pour the sauce over the chickpeas and stir until coated.
- Spread the chickpeas onto the baking sheet and bake 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.