These chewy oatmeal cookies are packed full of sweet dried berries– and they make a lovely, light dessert.
Play around with your favorite berries– I used dried blueberries and cranberries for this particular batch, but I’ve used strawberries and raspberries, too.
Berry Oatmeal Cookies
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup flour (I used white whole wheat)
- 2/3 cup oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ cup dried berries of choice
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Beat the brown sugar, oil, and applesauce together with an electric mixer.
- Add the flour, oats, baking powder, and salt and combine.
- Add the milk to the mixture 1 tablespoon at a time until dough forms– you may end up needing a little more or a little less.
- Fold in the berries.
- Place spoonfuls of the dough on to the baking sheets, then flatten.
- Bake for 8 minutes and allow to cool on the sheets for 1-2 more before transferring o a wire rack to cool completely.
Thinking Out Loud
- Currently reading: Hamilton: The Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeremy McCarter. SO GOOD.
- I got a new phone this week and I love it. I couldn’t wait to get rid of my old one, and this is so shiny and new and lovely in comparison.
- New favorite thing: listening to audio books while I get ready in the morning– particularly the recordings of the books I loved best as a kid. This week was Matilda, and I think I’m gonna get Anne of Green Gables for next week. At any other time I prefer a physical book, but I’ve been really digging this.
- Look at how cute this Woodland Animal Tic Tac Toe is!
- Recipes I tried this week:
– Cookie Dough Brownie Baked Oatmeal – Athletic Avocado
– Roasted Broccoli Couscous – Put On Your Cake Pants
Head over to Running with Spoons for more Thinking Out Loud!
Shared at Thoughts of Home on Thursday; Foodie Friday; Weekend Potluck; Healthy Vegan Fridays; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons & Motivation and IlkasBlog; Share the Love Blog Party; Tips & Tricks Link Party; Wow us Wednesdays. For a complete list of where I share, click here.