These sweet and savory baked taquitos are perfect for a simple and healthy snack or light meal.
This is a dish that works for me on all kinds of levels– I love the flavor combination of apples, onions, and cheese, and when they’re all cooked up and lovely, they make such a nice texture contrast to the crunchy tortilla. Plus, they are so easy to make– always a bonus in my book.
Apple and Onion Baked Taquitos
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- ¼-½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° and grease a baking sheet or 8×8 pan with cooking spray.
- Sauté the onions and apple with the salt and pepper until tender.
- Divide into four equal portions. Place the filling on one side of the tortilla and top with cheese. Starting at the filled side, roll tightly to form the taquito.
- Place the seamed side down on the sheet or pan and repeat for each tortilla. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray and bake for 12-15 minutes, until brown and crispy.
This recipe is vegan with the appropriate shredded cheese.